Just a blog about movies, sandwiches and a bunch of other random stuff.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho


I just watched Psycho for the first time and while it is a pretty darn good movie it doesn't really live up to the hype that it's been getting all these years. That's the problem with these classic movies, I go in with these ridiculous expectations and there's no way I can truly enjoy the movie. Whenever there's a 'infamous' scene in the movie (such as the shower scene in this one) it always lets me down and I don't think it's actually all that great. The only exception to this that I've found is the torture scene in Reservoir Dogs. And don't get me wrong, Alfred Hitchcock is legendary, but he's still no Quentin Tarantino.

Anyways, about the movie. It's good. Anthony Perkins is amazing and Alfred Hitchcock is just a terrific director. Hitchcock is a master of suspense and this movie relys on the suspense and the surprises around every corner. And that's another problem with reviewing Psycho, I really can't give away anything or else I'll ruin the movie for you! I'll just end it here so I don't give away anything else, and you can just go watch it whenever you get the chance. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment