Just a blog about movies, sandwiches and a bunch of other random stuff.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Smoked Ham & Swiss

Pardon the lack of a catchy title for this little post, but I just finished the sandwich and I haven't had time to come up with one. Maybe I'll come back and change it when I think of it, but I highly doubt that will happen.

First, the sandwich. Smoked ham (obviously), swiss cheese (again, obviously), lettuce (less obvious), red onions, and chipotle mayo on portuguese bread. Fantastic combination from all the above, and it might have been a little too spicy if not for the lettuce. Accompanied by a cool "Big Cranberry" Nantucket Nectars, this tasty sandwich was worth every cent of the $8.75 I spent on it.

Secondly, and almost more importantly, the location. "Provisions" is a little sandwich shop tucked away on a wharf on Nantucket Island and is unfortunately overlooked by most people because of the Gazebo (a popular watering hole) that day trippers flock to and get schwastey at. But if you're not a drunken idiot you can appreciate it. "Provisions" makes up one third of "The Big Three" (my three favorite sandwich shops on Nantucket, stay tuned for the other two) and it was a perfect place to start my summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment